Rumor has it that this phrase originated in Las Vegas, back in the day when a standard bet was $2 and a tasty, Vegas chicken dinner was $1.79. So when you won your bet … you had enough moolah for a lovely chicken dinner. As a kid, my “Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner” was when my mom would make rice using chicken and rice soup in place of water. Kids can be so easy to please! As moms, we sometimes work so hard on a fancy dinner – only to discover that our families prefer to stick to the familiar and the plain.
Our recipe for the day is Chicken Dressing Bake. With just five ingredients, it’s super easy to make, and the rice, chicken and stuffing mix are the kinds of simple comfort food your family will love. And while it may be uncomplicated, it’s anything but plain! The Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix gives it lots of rich flavor, and you never know … maybe your kids will be writing a blog someday about the Chicken Dressing Bake you used to make, because you made it for them with love!
Chicken Dressing Bake
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cook: 45 mins
With just five ingredients, it’s super easy to make, and the rice, chicken and stuffing mix are the kinds of simple comfort food your family will love.
- 1 Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix
- 5 cups hot water
- 16 oz. pkg. seasoned stuffing mix
- 6-8 chicken breats boneless, skinless
- 1/2-1 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- Prepare Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix as directed on package with water; simmer 45 minutes. Remove from heat. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix with 3 cups prepared soup; toss to mix well. Set aside. In 3-quart oblong baking pan, arrange chicken. Pour remaining soup over chicken. Spoon stuffing mixture over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; cook additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and stuffing is lightly browned. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes 6 servings.
!Tips & Hints
•You need a big bowl to mix it up and your 9 x 13 pan will be quite full.
•I was tempted to add sautéed mushrooms and some slivered almonds … but those two items rank pretty high on the yuck-o-meter for little shavers, so I left them out. They would be good for me though!
- Cooking Method: Bake