When I’m in need of an appetizer, ham and pickle roll-ups are always a classic. They’re simple, fast and extremely tasty. Maybe even the first thing to disappear. Dare I even say a tad bit “expected”?
Well, never fear, today we’ll share a twist on this tried-and-true treat that will have your tastebuds hoppin’ with delight. That’s right … we’re using Hoppin’ Jalapeño and Bacon Dip Mix to rustle up even more flavor and turn our everyday ham roll-ups into devilishly tasty snacks that will have everyone asking for more.
- One packet Hoppin’ Jalapeño & Bacon Dip Mix
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 jar pickle spears
- 8 slices ham
Mix package of Hoppin’ Jalapeño & Bacon Dip Mix with cream cheese. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on a slice of ham. Place one pickle spear on one end of the ham and roll the ham around the pickle. Slice into 1-inch chunks.
- Thicker ham slices work great.
- The softer the cream cheese, the easier it is to mix and spread.
- I bought pickle spears to make life easier, and I wiped the juice off each pickle before putting it on the ham slice.
- Chilling the rolls before slicing also makes the process a bit easier.
- The ends make great tester pieces!
Hoppin' Ham Rolls
Everyday ham roll-ups with more hoppin' flavor.
- Mix package of Hoppin' Jalepeno & Bacon Dip Mix with cream cheese. Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on a slice of ham. Place one pickle spear on one end of ham and roll the ham around the pickle. Slice into 1 inch chunks.
- Cooking Method: Mix/Stir (no cook)